Teams and Talent Intensive Spring 2017: Creating Your Employee Engagement Plan
It is imperative that nonprofit organizations focus on creating strong internal teams and talent if they are to attract and retain the workforce of the future. This team-based intensive will define the workplace experience that leads to employee engagement and provide you with the opportunity to reflect on your organization’s practices—what’s working and what isn’t—to craft your own employee engagement plan.
Space is limited to 7 organizations, so register early!
BY THE END OF THE WORKSHOP, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Develop and implement an employee engagement plan for your organization
- Explore the practices and principles needed to engage employees in their work and in your organization
- Apply these principles to your own organization—cover topics ranging from internal communication and decision making to employee growth and development to inspiring meaning and purpose in day-to-day work
- Be exposed to the best people practices of other organizations
- Using the results from a pre-session organizational assessment, participate in activities that allow your organization to assess your current employee practices and generate ideas for new practices
- Action plan with your team to launch your employee engagement initiatives
The course is specifically designed for nonprofit teams (2-4 participants per organization). Executive directors, operations directors, HR managers, hiring or program managers and/or key staff responsible for people practices and policies within an organization are encouraged to attend. We also encourage organizations to bring staff of any level, or Board members, who have an interest in their workplace culture, have been with the organization for a significant length of time, or may otherwise have insight into the organization’s culture and people practices.
THE FEE FOR THE COURSE INCLUDES:
- One day of interactive training, team discussion and real-time coaching
- Registration for up to 4 participants for your organization
- A pre-session organizational assessment that will pinpoint your organization's unique needs
- A take-away workbook for use in future planning
- A healthy lunch, as well as snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you energized
$595 for 2-4 participants per member organization / $645 for 2-4 participants per non-member organization
Register no later than March 8, 2017. Each organization registers through one individual, then sends other 1-3 team members (name, job title, & email) to email@example.com
KATIE POPP, SENIOR CONSULTANT, LEARNING & LEADERSHIP
Katie is a workplace culture expert with a passion for building effective, engaging, and fun organizations that people want to be a part of. In her work at Mission Capital, Katie provides strategic and consulting support to Mission Capital and its clients.
Prior to joining Mission Capital, Katie spent 12 years with Great Place to Work Institute, most recently directing the firm’s Best Companies Lists program, including responsibility for the evaluation and selection of Fortune Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work for. She also served as the Development Associate at Habitat for Humanity San Francisco. Katie enjoys applying her knowledge of best corporate workplace practices to the non-profit sector.
Katie holds a BA in Psychology from Southwestern University and a MA in Organization Development from St. Edwards University.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please contact Katie Popp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-477-5955 ext. 279
Mission Capital has a strong commitment to making our services accessible to individuals with special needs and disabilities. For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations please contact Brianna Walsh at 512-477-5955 x284 or email@example.com. Two weeks advance notice will allow us to provide seamless access.
Mission Capital’s Learning & Leadership Offerings Refund Policy
All cancellation and refund requests must be received IN WRITING at least 2 weeks in advance of the Learning & Leadership offering. Registrants may request a refund of fees paid, minus a $50 administrative fee, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. NO REFUNDS will be processed within two weeks of the event date.